SCHADLER SELNAU AT A GLANCE
Schadler Selnau Associates, PC has conducted an architectural and planning practice in Connecticut since 1972, providing comprehensive services in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont and Rhode Island. During this period we have designed over 7,000 residential units including senior independent and assisted living facilities, family housing, and condominiums.
In addition we have provided designs of housing and support spaces for persons with disabilities. These projects (new construction and rehabilitation) on sites with varied topographic conditions in rural, suburban, and urban areas include low-rise, mid-rise, and high-rise structures. We design in compliance with energy star and green standards, promoting energy efficiency.
Architect / President
Mr. Schadler attended Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York, receiving a Bachelor of Architecture Degree in 1957. Upon completion of his military service, Mr. Schadler entered employment as an architect for the state of New York, participating in hospital and judicial design. He subsequently joined the firm of Russell, Gibson and Von Dohlen Architects as a project architect designing numerous schools throughout Connecticut.
In 1972, Mr. Schadler founded the firm of Henry Schadler Associates, PC for the practice of architecture. Over the years, he has been responsible for the design and coordination of many of the firm’s major projects, including numerous residential, educational and institutional facilities.
- Henry Schadler Associates, PC Architect / Principal Farmington, Connecticut 1972 to Present
- Russell, Gibson and Von Dohlen Project Architect Farmington, Connecticut 1963 – 1972
- State of New York – Division of Architecture Assistant Architect Albany, New York 1958 – 1962
- Pratt Institute Bachelor of Architecture – 1957 Brooklyn, New York
Mr. Schadler is a registered Architect in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York.
He is a member of the American Institute of Architects, the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards and the Society of American Registered Architects.
Architect / Vice President
Mr. Selnau attended the Boston Architectural Center in Boston, Massachusetts, receiving a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture in 1991. Prior to joining Henry Schadler Associates, Mr. Selnau was employed as a project architect by firms in both Boston, Massachusetts and Connecticut that designed commercial, institutional and municipal facilities. Since joining the firm in 1989, Mr. Selnau has been the project architect for numerous residential facilities. He is responsible for the development of projects, beginning with design inception through construction administration. Mr. Selnau became Vice President in 1998 and became a partner in the firm in 2012. In April of 2015, the firm name was changed to Schadler Selnau Associates, PC. Mr. Selnau is a Certified Passive House Consultant.
- Schadler Selnau Associates, P.C. Architect Farmington, Connecticut August 1989 to present
- Schoenhardt Architects Project Architect Simsbury, Connecticut June 1987 to June 1989
- Warren Freedenfield and Associates Project Manager Boston, Massachusetts February 1986 to May 1987
- Morris Group Project Manager Watertown, Massachusetts July 1985 to February 1986
- Goody, Clancy and Associates Office Person / Draftsman Boston, Massachusetts April 1978 to May 1983
- Boston Architectural College Bachelor of Architecture Boston Massachusetts January 1991
- Dean Junior College Associate Degree of Science Franklin, Massachusetts Major: Building Construction May 1975
Mr. Selnau is a registered Architect in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Florida, New Hampshire and Vermont.
He is a member of the American Institute of Architects, the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards and Passive House.